yeah, it’s friday again. this week has been nothing short of hot and humid in hong kong. a perfect way to cool off is to have a refreshing drink, and that’s what we are bringing to this fiesta friday.
here’s an easy ice-blended drink to enjoy for the summer – very similar to the starbucks green tea frap but half the calories. plus, we’ve even made our own whipped cream. it’s easier than you think.
heavy cream 1/2 cup
milk 1/2 cup
matcha green tea powder 2 tsp
sugar 1 tbsp
vanilla 1/2 tsp
ice large handful
- combine the heavy cream, milk, green tea powder, vanilla, and sugar in a blender
- give the blender a few quick pulses to dissolve the green tea powder and sugar
- once mixed, add the ice and blend until the ice is broken down into tiny pieces
- top with vanilla whipped cream and dust with green tea powder (optional)
vanilla whipped cream
heavy cream 1/2 cup
sugar 1/2 tbsp
vanilla 1 tsp
- in a large bowl, combine the cream, sugar, and vanilla
- using a hand mixer, whip the mixture for a couple of min until the cream has firmed (start on low setting first and gradually move up to the highest setting)
- use a spoon to scoop on top of the drink or place in a piping bag and pipe onto the drink
Yum! Looks amazing. I just bought matcha last week and had been planning the same! Dairy free of course tho. 😉
could be good with coconut milk too!
Yup. That’s what I’m thinking! 😉 With whipped coconut cream, too.
I am loving this 🙂
This looks so refreshing, plus I happen to have all the ingredients at home! Thanks for the recipe 🙂
you’re welcome, enjoy!
Wow! Bookmarking this! Sounds fantastic! Love your view from your balcony!
thank you! we enjoy the view immensely as well.
Looks amazing! The drink and the View ! 😉
Pingback: On the road again | Fiesta Friday #30 | The Novice Gardener·
This looks so delicious and refreshing!
it is! ideal summer drink
i love reading your posts! it makes the world much smaller!
I cannot wait to get some matcha to try this. Beautiful!
it’s a perfect drink for ladies ❤
One of the sweetest memories of my trip to Japan… thanks a lot gusy for bringing it over to FF!
always our pleasure to be part of FF! hope we are bringing some asian indulgences to the other side of the world. happy weekend!