it’s amazing what you can do with a little creativity and some leftover ingredients. we scrapped together the unused items of other dishes we were making for dinner. the potato was from pulpo a la gallega, and the mushroom and cheese were from the baked stuffed portobello mushroom. so rather than letting these ingredients sit in the fridge, we put them to good use by creating another dish. it also helped that we had milk and cream handy too.
feel free to use other mushrooms like regular white buttons or crimini. or with different cheeses, like parmesan.
potato 1 medium
portobello mushroom 1
heavy cream 1 cup
milk 1/2 cup
white cheddar 1/2 cup shredded
butter 1 tbsp
salt 1 tsp
- wash and thinly slice the potato and mushroom similar in thickness
- in a pot, add the milk, cream, butter, and salt and bring to a boil
- turn heat to low and add the sliced potato, cook with a lid on until tender, about 20-25 min
- gently stir occasionally to prevent potatoes from sticking to the bottom
- transfer content into an oven safe dish, top with sliced mushrooms and shredded cheese
- put the dish on the top rack of the oven and broil on the highest setting until cheese is melted and lightly crispy
With leftover you created a amazing recipe:-) awesome
M very fond of gratin esp. veggie gratin, this looks yummy..
Try Spinach-Cheese Lasagna
Looks amazing ! I love finding new ways to use leftovers 😉
yeah waste not!