most meatballs are made with some kind of bread or bread crumbs. we made ours a slightly lighter version by reducing the amount of starch in the balls. also, these meatballs are smaller so they’ll cook faster. not to mention that they are daintier, which makes it easier to eat for the ladies.
serve them in your favorite tomato sauce, along with some fresh handmade pasta.
ground pork 1 lb (1/2 kg)
spinach cooked 1/2 cup (120 g)
garlic 2 cloves
onion 1 small
salt 1 tbsp
cornstarch 5 tbsp
rosemary 1 tsp
thyme 1 tsp
- blanch the spinach in boiling water for 2 min, drain and let it cool
- hand squeeze the spinach to remove the juice; really squeeze it dry
- finely chop the spinach, along with the garlic and onion
- in a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients, mix well
- scoop a tablespoon of the meat mixture and roll it into a ball
- in a pan with oil, brown and cook the meatballs evenly on medium-high heat, about 10-15 min
- meatballs are basically ready to eat
- (optional) serve as a plate of appetizer or cook them in a tomato sauce and serve over pasta (we did the latter)
while jun likes having his meatballs cooked in the sauce to let the meatballs absorb the tomato flavour, i prefer having mine served on top of the sauce to keep its crispiness.
ok, finally I can read your post properly! I would like to say that whenever we talk about meatballs I don’t care to be a lady! Meatballs “deserve” to be eaten without any “restrictions”. I’ll give a try to your recipe!
hahaha well said! priscilla doesn’t eat like a lady either when it comes to these meatballs. she puts the whole thing in her mouth.
They look delicious. A nice change from our Italian meatballs.