there was one period in time where we ate this for lunch almost on a daily basis at the cha chaan teng… it was darn good. naturally, we slowly go tired of eating it. but every now and then, we like to recreate this simple steamed fish recipe in our kitchen.
fish fillet 6-8 oz (170-220 g)
ginger 1/4 cup
preserved vegetables 1/4 cup
oil 2 tbsp
soy sauce 2 tbsp
sugar 1/2 tsp
- wash and soak the preserved vegetables in water for 15 minutes, strain afterwards
- cut the ginger and preserved vegetables into thin strips
- put the fish, ginger, preserved vegetables, and oil in a plate for steaming
- place the plate in the wok when the water is boiling, steam for about 8-10 minutes until cooked
- in a small bowl, mix the soy sauce and sugar and pour it on top of the cooked fish
- garnish with green onions (optional)
this is one of my fav dishes!!!
we love it too, just had it for dinner tonight actually.