everything fried is good. everything with chocolate is better. everything fried and with chocolate is the best! this churro recipe is so easy to make. the biggest help you need, is a thermometer. enjoy!
chocolate dipping sauce
dark chocolate 25 g
heavy cream 50 ml
- on a double boiler, melt the dark chocolate
- add the heavy cream, mix well
plain flour 1/2 cup (120 g)
baking powder 1 tsp
olive oil 1 tbsp
boiling water 1 cup (240 ml)
vegetable oil for frying 2 cup (460 ml)
white sugar 1/4 cup (60 g)
cinnamon powder 2 tsp
- sift the plain flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl
- beat in the olive oil and water, until everything forms into a wet dough
- in a pot, heat up the frying oil to 375 F (190 C)
- using a piping bag, pipe churros of 3-4 inch long into the hot oil
- fry for around 2-3 min, until the churros turn golden brown
- put the fried churros on towel papers to absorb excess oil
- toss the churros in a plate of white sugar and cinnamon powder, just before serving
- eat with the chocolate dipping sauce
instead of white sugar, serve half of churros tossed in icing sugar. the two sugars give two very different textures to the churros. be creative and surprise your guests!
we used 60% dark chocolate
These sound great as does the roasted pepper and pumpkin soup!