pork cheek is the new pork chop! at least that’s what we’re calling it. if you want to make a juicy piece of pork, then you have to use this cut of meat. however, we know that most western countries do not offer this, such a shame. if you don’t have access to this amazing cheek, then go with a regular pork chop or tenderloin. we used a grill to cook the pork cheek, which creates an awesome crispy char around the edges. however, pan searing works just as well.
pork cheek 2 flaps
fish sauce 2 tsp
soy sauce 2 tsp
sugar 1 tsp
large sweet potato 2
heavy cream 1/4 cup
butter 2 tbsp
orange juice 1/4 cup
cinnamon 1/2 tsp
salt 1/2 tsp
- marinate the pork cheek with fish sauce, soy sauce, and sugar, for at least 30 minutes
- grill the pork cheek until cooked, about 10 minutes. set aside and let it rest before cutting
- peel and rough chop the sweet potatoes
- boil them in a pot of water until soft, then drain
- transfer to a food processor and quickly add the butter while it’s still hot, this will help melt the butter
- mix in the orange juice, heavy cream, cinnamon, and salt. blend everything until smooth
try a butternut squash puree, it’s just as good. use the same recipe but substitute the sweet potato for butternut squash. if you like it rich, add more cream and butter.
Wow, this looks great!!!! I cook my sweet potatoes on the grill with a small amount of wood chips to flavor. I put a good cot of olive oil on the skin to keep them from drying out…
Take care and God Bless 🙂 Kenny T
ohhh I bet that adds an extra smokey element to those sweet potatoes. Gonna have to try that next time!