here’s a variation of an italian crostini. rather than using bread, we are substituting it with potatoes! yum! for this recipe, we are using pork, enoki mushroom, and spinach for the topping. but of course, you can top with whatever delicious goodies you like. for easier eating, we suggest chopping up the veggies and meat into small pieces. that way it won’t be stringy or long.
fingerling potatoes small bag
pork neck meat 8 oz (230 g)
mushroom 1 pack
spinach 1 bunch
- put the potatoes in a pot of salted cold water and boil on medium heat until cooked, about 15 – 20 min, drain and set aside
- sauteed spinach and mushrooms, separately, on a pan. salt and pepper, set aside
- pan sear the whole pork neck meat on medium heat, salt and pepper
- onced cooked, about 10 min, set the pork aside and let it rest for 5 min
- thinly slice the pork meat, set aside
- using a flat utensil (i.e. spatula), smush the potatoes to flatten them
- add oil to a pan and sear the smushed potatoes on medium heat until brown on both sides
- remove from pan and construct the crostini by putting the toppings on the potatoes
for a tastier piece of pork, i marinated the meat in fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar, and garlic for at least an hour.
you can also season the potatoes with thyme and rosemary for a more rustic taste.
for a less “grainy” spinach feel in your mouth, use plenty of oil when cooking spinach.
don’t smush the potatoes too flat or it might crumble.
Reblogged this on Stella YOUNG's Blog.