this is an efficient way of cooking two dishes. since we are using the oven, we can cook both the chicken and veggies simultaneously, saving time and reducing your energy bill. the key is to have the chicken and bacon fat drip into the pan of veggies, smothering them with all the fatty flavorful goodness.
large chicken thighs 4
butter 1/5 cup (50 g)
oregano 1 tsp
thyme 1 tsp
bacon strips approx. 1 lb (460 g) or 16 strips
large carrot 2
large potato 2
- prepare brine with 50 g of salt for every litre of water
- brine the chicken thighs for at least 3 hours, or best overnight
- prepare the herb butter by mixing the dry herbs with butter thoroughly
- preheat oven 350 F (170 C)
- dry the chicken thighs with paper towels
- spread the herb butter over the chicken thighs with a spoon
- wrap the whole chicken thigh with strips of bacons and put them on a rack
- cut the vegetables into chucks and put them on a pan
- put the rack of chicken on top of the pan of vegetables and roast
- bake for 1 hr
- remove from oven and rest chicken for 5 – 10 min before serving
- salt and pepper veggies to taste if necessary
you don’t need to oil the veggies because there’ll be plenty of fat and oil dripping from the chicken
use fattier bacon to wrap the chicken, so the bacon won’t get too dry and the chicken will absorb all the pork fat. you can’t imagine how juicy and tender that chicken is with its moisture all preserved under the bacon. love this dish!
Reblogged this on A-Rod 42.